12 July, 2010

A flash of inspiration

Length: 21"
Diameter: 1.64"
Altitude: 1500'
Skill Level 3 maybe a high 2


And it came to pass that as I was working on my other rockets this past week a vision was opened unto me. And I beheld a Rocket, and the rocket was about one cubit in length. And I beheld that it had thre fins upon three tubes that rested within the bossem of the rocket.




And I beheld that I had the components for such a rocket. Therefore, I did open the program Rocksim and did create a new file. And I beheld the file that it did bring exceedingly great joy to me. Therfore I began to lay out the rocket and to cut the centering rings and to trace the fin templates onto balsa. And the workmanship was exceedingly fine for it was mine, or in other words it was good enough for who it was for. Wherefore it did enter into my heart to finish building this rocket that it may one day ascend to heaven and there deploy its parachute and descend slowly again unto the earth from whence it was taken and to then rise again and again and bring joy to all who behold it. And again I say unto you that if your faithful unto the hobby of model rocketry that this rocket will bring you joy and rejoicing all the days of your life. And thus it is. Amen.

I hope that wasn't to blasphemous.

2 comments:

Skye said...

I don't know if it was blasphemous, but it was funny. Especially the "workmanship was exceedingly fine..."part. And wow, you have a lot of rockets. Of those 50+ how many are kit vs. designed by you?

Maloertscher said...

13 are designed by me.